Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Me plus 3











Things have slowed down since all the Christmas chaos and we just got back Sunday from a wedding in Louisiana which was beautiful. I am still trying to get used to things, my schedule is all nothing short of a mess. I get plenty of cumulative hours of sleep probably, it's just all spread out and interrupted (which supposedly is worse than no sleep) from 11ish p.m.-11ish a.m. Tyler usually wakes 10:30-12ish and then every 1-3 hours. Madison wakes up 8-9 and I try to get her to let me sleep longer while she watches tv and eats cereal, which I feel terrible about. I need to just make myself get up when she does, but most mornings I can't even open my eyes that early after a crappy nights sleep. I get woken up so often I don't even have any clue how many times it is. But that's alright, it won't last forever, right? Tyler is still so sweet, and he hasn't been crying near as much this past week as the one before - which is what Madison did, too. I guess the third week of life is hard on them. He will be 4 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe how fast the first month went by. He has given us a few real smiles in the past 2 days, me two and Madison two. Both of mine were when I was changing his diaper talking to him, it lasted longer than the others and was so sweet to see him looking right at me giving me a big smile. They supposedly start smiling at 4-6 weeks, I think Madison was 6 weeks exactly. He is the nosiest baby I have ever seen, he grunts a lot! He prefers to sleep on his stomach which I try not to let him, but over and over again find him on his stomach, turn him back and he cries and goes back to it and back to sleep so sometimes I give in. He doesn't sleep so well on his back, his arms flail too much, so I try to keep him on his side. Madison used to always nurse to sleep and that is the only way she would go to sleep, he is different in that he nurses, then pulls off to go to sleep which I like better. I can get him to sleep just holding him, and John too, which didn't happen with Madison. But the last two days he is not liking sleeping unless he is in my arms. Every time I put him down he wakes up a minute later screaming, but goes back to sleep immediately when I pick him up. He finally stayed in his swing late this afternoon and slept for more than a few minutes for the first time today. He loves to be held, but I can't blame him, most babies do. I feel very unorganized. Each day is a race to get anything done while he is asleep, and most days I have to prioritize between cleaning, eating, showering and playing with Madison. Usually eating and showering take last priority and I actually forget to eat until a few hours before dinner, but by then I figure I will just wait for dinner. I always wondered why moms would say stuff like they are lucky to get a shower or sit down to eat and I never understood why, with Madison it was easy and I had plenty of free time. Not so now! Not if I want the house to get cleaned anyway. So I totally get it now. But I am sure I will get better and get some sort of routine down. So right now it's 4:00 and I haven't eaten, showered, cleaned, or played with Madison today lol! I got up and had some coffee then decided to take a few pictures while he was sleeping, then he woke up and I took a few more then got him back to sleep, only to sit down and edit the pictures, finished that and now he is waking back up so John may come home to find everything and everyone as he left us this morning, I am glad he is a good enough husband not to care too much. So I guess I am gonna get off here and feed him, then try to make Madison think cleaning the house is a race and an ice cream is the prize. :)

No comments: