Thursday, March 18, 2010

25 weeks

Wow, we are past the half way point already! I really could not have asked for an easier pregnancy. There was a little nausea the first few weeks, didn't last too long and wasn't too extreme compared to the first two, plus I actually only felt sick and didn't get sick. Completely opposite of the first two. Since that, I have hardly even felt pregnant. I swear, if I didn't look pregnant, and didn't know it...I wouldn't know it! I was so scared this was going to be a horrible experience, being pregnant with a 1 year old...it hasn't been bad at all. Of course I have not gotten to the worst part yet- the third trimester which officially starts in a week or two. I have had bad days with my back, but I have that pregnant or not. Some days I can barely walk, others I can do anything, doesn't make any sense but I am thankful that for the most part it's been okay. I was really worried pregnancy would make it so much worse. We will see how it goes when I get a lot bigger in these last few months. I just started having mild heartburn last week, which I have only had one other time in my life- when I was pregnant with Tyler. It was a reminder that I am pregnant, I am not complaining at all since I don't have any other crappy symptoms right now.

Baby Ethan is not very hyper yet like the other two were. I remember Tyler being VERY active, always hurting me, moving all the time, feet in my ribs, always something. This baby is mellow, moves a little but nothing crazy and not all day, I still can't really see my belly move much on the outside too often. I am hoping it's nothing to be concerned about, I just have a nice calm baby that is making it easy on mama because he knows I need a break! I knew from the first trimester that Tyler was big, I told everyone he was big and he was, 9 lbs and 22 inches...this one feels small. Again, hopefully that's a good thing. But he does have a 3 and half more months so who knows! It could all turn around and he start acting like the karate kid and have me feeling like there is no longer room for the two of us in here. With Tyler I gained weight really fast, all over. Every part of me got bigger, right now it's pretty much still just boobs and belly lol and I have gained slowly until now. Everyone says you get a bigger butt with boys and with Tyler I did, but this time I think I might have lost some lol. They say every pregnancy is different, that is so true, Tyler's was so different than Madison's and this one is so different from either of those. Madison is convinced we are having a third and we need a bigger car to fit the 4th baby. I keep telling her there will be no 4th baby but she insists, then again I told her there would be no third. Let's pray she is not right.

My midwife is now doing home appointments for me, which is VERY nice, not having to get us ready and go to the office. I am so excited about my home birth, probably ridiculously excited. Never thought I would be excited to feel that much pain again. But hopefully this birth goes much smoother than Tyler's did. It will just be us here with Madison, the midwife, and her assistant. Madison is really excited to get to see a baby being born again, too. She LOVES childbirth, doesn't gross her out at all. I hope she stays that way.

I have started making "the boys" room. It's nice saying "the boys". I really am glad it turned out to be a boy and am suprisingly excited about another baby. This is their theme,

http://www.csnbaby.com/Lambs-and-Ivy-ROCK-CRIB-BED-LAI1613.html


I have the bedding, lamp and mobile and an espresso crib and we are painting Tylers white toddler bed to match the crib. Still waiting on a dresser (never did get Tyler one lol) , matching curtains, and I REALLY want a glider this time around...a few other decorations before I am done. The room is going to be so adorable, I can't wait to finish it. I may end up splurging on that super cute little boys chair in the picture before it's over with...I drool over it each time I see it.

I did not expect a 2nd baby shower, and really did not expect a third. But my family thinks every baby should be celebrated and I can't complain! I just always thought you only got one. But hey, I love any reason to get together and eat. I don't want anyone to think I am being greedy, I am really grateful that my mom wants to throw one and very appreciative to anyone that shows up, and please do not feel obligated to bring a gift- your presence is gift enough. The date for that is Sunday, April 25th. My sister in law is doing the official invites though so those will go out soon.

Guess that's it for now!


25 Weeks



Photo courtesy of Madison Lacey :)
Almost 26 weeks


No comments: