Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to my big boy!


The only toy that made him very happy...his monster truck! Mama knows her baby...







On his actual birthday...

Check out his sweet new ride from Grandma Carol and Papa John!!! He loves it, as you can tell.
It has pedals for when he is older, probably won't be able to do that until age 2 or so, so he walks it lol, so cute!
Is this not the cutest...
Playing with Madison on his birthday, getting pushed around in his dump truck. Madison has chocolate all over her face lol.
He loves it when John plays


I love this picture of Tyler even if John looks a little goofy lol :)

Poor Tyler, we didn't do anything special on his actual birthday, Dec. 31st, we had his party the following Saturday and then he was sick. Good thing he doesn't know! He has had diarrhea and vomitting for 6 days now and been to the dr twice. I think he is finally getting over it today. I was getting pretty worried. So I have not done his birthday pics yet, was waiting on him to feel better. So hopefully in a few days. I am looking forward to doing the messy cake pictures. His party was very small and informal, since he was sick I told anyone that didn't want to risk getting sick not to come so that was most of the kids. I couldn't put it off because John was leaving for a month the next day and didn't want to miss it. It worked out okay. So John is gone for a month and both kids miss him. Tyler calls out dada a lot when he isn't here, not so much when he is. But he looks for him when he is gone. It's kind of sad! Madison wants him to get a job here, she says either at wal-mart or the car wash, haha! It's sweet that she misses him that much. For some reason Madison is on this kick about getting rich, she talks about how we need to get rich all the time. I guess bc I have had to tell her a lot lately "We can't afford it" so she says we need more money. She comes up with different ideas on how we can get rich. The other day while I was getting gas at a very packed station she says,

"People need a lot of gas right? I have a great idea, we can plan a store that sells gas!" A few days later, she says "People move every day, right? They need new houses, right? So we can plan a store that sells houses and they can even buy wood and bricks there!" She added that our store could sell gas, houses and even drinks in one place lol. It made me think of wal-mart. I thought it was very smart of her at 5 to be able to think of things that have high demand and to supply them to make money, even if she isn't the first lol. She is gonna be my little entrepreneur. Now if she could only think of something that no one else has! I told her we don't have to be rich to be happy, money isn't everything. She said "Yes it is. What if we run out of food and money and have to eat unhealthy stuff and we get sick?" LOL, she has been listening to me talk about eating healthy at least. :) She wanted to go back to public school, so I let her. She started back yesterday and she is happy although she just walked in here from bed and told me she doesn't want to go tomorrow, I said too bad. No going back and forth, this is it.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year!

1 comment:

The Oxford Family said...

Looks like everyone had a good time! I love the car!