Friday, June 11, 2010

Let the countdown begin!


38 weeks pregnant today! I am all prepared for my home birth, got my birth kit, my birth pool (yep, having a water birth again!) and all the baby's things finally bought this past week. Baby Ethan has dropped lower in my pelvis and is currently in a good position (not posterior like Tyler was). I am still having a pretty easy pregnancy and although I am defintely feeling pregnant, I am not totally miserable like most women are at this point and I most certainly was with the other two. I am really just fine. My complaints are so minor, they are barely worth mentioning. Maybe that just comes from having had two really crappy pregnancies. I really don't feel all that huge either, I have gained almost half the weight that I gained with Tyler! I just started the infamous pregnant lady waddle in past few weeks but it just got bad in the last few days. It's amazing to say my biggest complaint of the moment is all the bathroom trips and my shorter than normal temper. It almost seems to early for this to end, it really flew by. It feels as if I should have a few more months left, at least one or two. I will almost be sad to see such an easy pregnancy come to an end, bc after this, comes the reality...of 3 kids...not only 3 kids but a newborn, an 18 month old toddler, and a very high maintenance 5 year old. We are not just talking about any kids here...but MY kids lol...for some reason I make 'em fiesty. Tyler seems tame around people he doesn't know well sometimes but don't let that fool you, he is loud, stubborn, and as rough and tough as his sister. Of course that may be out of necessity, growing up with her he can't help but be that way. Tyler has a BAAAAD temper that is really just starting to show it's true colors recently. It may be the terrible two's starting a bit early. I remember at this age thinking it was to early for Madison's terrible two's but it sure seemed like it had started...so I guess this is just when it does. And to make matters worse, Tyler is a screamer. Yeah. Not cool. Even Madison wasn't a screamer. I don't like it one bit. Tyler is not going to like getting kicked out of spot, I think we are going to have major jealousy issues. He also just learned the word "No", much to my dismay. I was quite happy that it took him longer than a lot of kids and was in no rush to teach it to him, but alas, they all learn it. He also gives great big dramatic (mmmmmWHA!) kisses now, just not to me. If your a stuffed animal, a baby, a toddler he doesn't know, or a random toy that's not a car (for some reason he doesn't kiss cars but will other toys) then you will get plenty of love. But every time I ask him, he shakes his head no. Every. Single. Time. Even Madison (AKA "Na-Na") gets one now and then.

As a side note kind of off topic, since I brought up Tyler and cars...most people know the he, as most boys, LOVES cars, anything with wheels. Well every since he first started playing with cars as a baby, I have noticed that he always has to have 2, sometimes, 3 but at least 2. But more interestingly, they always have to match in some way. I thought it was very smart of him at first, it may not be so suprising now at 17-18 months that he can find similiar vehicles, but he did it well before he was one and from the very start of him playing with cars at all. He will find two cars that have SOMETHING in common. He rarely plays with only one car, and rarely with two cars that are not related somehow. It's always either two matchbox cars, two dump trucks, to tonka trucks, two firetrucks, two school buses, moster trucks...at the very least they will be the same size or color if there isn't a closer match available. I am not sure what personality trait this is, anal complusive lol? Just good at paying attention to detail, perfectionist, intelligent, OCD??? Do other boys normally do this? I still think it's pretty smart.

Madison is not nearly as excited about this baby as she was Tyler, but of course it was her first sibling so it was more exciting to her. I don't think it's real to her, she keeps talking as if it's going to be years before he is born. She thinks she will be a teenager when he gets here lol. I am trying to prepare her for any day now but I think we are all going to be in shock when it really happens, it just doesn't seem real yet to me either. She will get to watch the birth again and she is happy about that, but it's like old news to her lol, she is just like, oh...yeah...been there, done that...cool.

I am assuming I still have a good 2 weeks to go. I fully expect to go 1-3 days overdue so I won't be at all dissapointed to see my due date come and go. Madison was 3 days late, Tyler 2 - by the time he was born, techinically only 1 at the time labor started. I would be pretty shocked if he comes early. I can feel my body preparing though, things are definetly getting started. I really need to get one more maternity shoot in just in case he does come earlier than expected. Well, I just wanted to update, hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

The Oxford Family said...

Love the update! Love how Madison is like yeah whatever, birth? big deal!