Tuesday, December 9, 2008

37 Weeks Pregnant, Oh so close but yet so far.

Random strangers -"When are you due?"
Me- "December 29th"
Random strangers- "OH, A Christmas baby, how exciting!"
Me- smiling and nodding, pretending I don't hear that every day.

I am getting to that point that every woman gets to her third trimester. It's called "Done." While I am not going to evict him, he will be hearing some words of encouragement from me starting the day after christmas. I won't pressure him before that, since christmas is so busy, it would be nice in one way to not have had him just yet so close to christmas day. But on the other hand, I am so anxious to meet him and be done with pregnancy. I can't complain too much, I don't have hard pregnancies as far as anything out of the norm- just the norm isn't too fun. My belly button gets tighter every day and is about to pop and my stretch marks are not doing me any favors. I am planning on taking some maternity pictures this weekend both alone and with my sister, Jamie, she is also 20 weeks pregnant!!! I am very excited to get those done- so baby Tyler better stay put until then at least! Yep, that's the name...Tyler Brayden. We have always liked the first name since we were pregnant with Madison, and John picked Brayden. My wonderful friends are throwing me a baby shower this weekend and I am so grateful to them and so excited for it although feeling a tad bit guilty!! It's crazy to think he could come any minute, between now and the next 5 weeks! Yep, he could be 2 weeks late if he wants. But I really don't think he will. My bet is that he will come in the 39th week. So hopefully only two-three weeks left!!! You will be seeing tons of pics of him soon! And I guess it's obvious I am having a boy, because I get women actually telling me, not asking, "You're having a boy." Not even a hi, or when are your due, or anything. They just want to state that fact. I do carry him lower than I did Madison, so I guess that wives tale is true for me. But he doesn't seem to notice that he is lower and therefore should have more leg room and not keep his feet in my ribs and lungs. Or maybe he is just super sized like his daddy :)

No comments: